otis opticEvery time I go thrifting, I’m immediately drawn to anything bright, trippy and psychedelic! Whether it’s books, clothing, or records, if it’s colorful and has a cool pattern, I must have it! Well….as long as the price is right!

On one of my last excursions, my handsome husband who also has the same attraction to bright, trippy stuff) found two albums from the late 1960’s and proceeded to bolt across the store to show me his find. We scooped them up not knowing what they would sound like, but the covers were just too good to pass up!

This purchase inspired the search for more psychedelic album covers from the 60’s and 70’s, which you will see pictured below. Some are from my actual record collection and some from my inspiration folder. The first 2 pictured are the most recent finds, which ended up being fun to listen to as well. The 25 Hit Tunes album has the song “Tequila” by The Champs, some Lou Rawls, and various artists, and the Mexican Trip…..is just that!

If you have album covers from any time period) that are psychedelic, or you think they are just really cool, leave a comment with a link so everyone can check ‘em out!

Cara Mia
psychedelic album art60s psychedelic13th floor elevators60s psychedelic albumtangerine dreamaguaturbia psychedelic drugstorebig brother and the holding companythe who magic busthe sacred mushroomchocolate soupherbie mann1960s musiccream disraeli gears davisthe yardbirds1960's album artjimi hendrixvalvola venus 69

20 Responses to PSYCHEDELIC ALBUM ART

1. Luetch says:

Nice to see Disraeli Gears there :) How about ‘The 5000 Spirits or The Layers of The Onion’ by The Incredible String Band? Most trippy cover ever… :)

2. Hello! Nice to meet you, I loved this post.

3. Diane says:

When the Beatles’ White album came out I was in college and was working on an art degree. To pay for this degree I did Peter Max style art on this White album for kids to give their boyfriend or girlfriend. The covers were great and very popular…. they paid for a nice percentage of my college that year… wish I still had one that I had done.
    Fast forward and now I am designing skins for phones and computers…as a matter of fact I am working on a Psychedelic one as we speak… fun post… keep up the great work

4. Samantha says:

fucking amazing blog, i’m in love!

5. Blasé says:

“what’s shakin’ “??

I’ll tell ya what’s shakin’. MY BLOG. Come over and visit. Peace

6. gosh i love your blog. and this post. i love the records from the 60s and 70s. so inspiring. zeplin, rolling stones, janis, the who, so many are amazing. i am a big peter max fan too. love.

7. Bri says:

Wow that’s quite the collection!! I love them too. Bright colors.

8. i love thrifting too and anything fun and colorful rocks my world. I love all the hippie pics. hope you don’t mind if i save some for myself.

9. Krystal says:

yesss!!

10. Bella says:

Hi beauty!

This kind of art is just wicked awesome… ooh, the Mexican Trip might be favorite, but I really love each piece!

Hope you had a great weekend.
    xx

11. Marita says:

Love your blog, girl! I already knew when I saw the title:) keep bloggin’ and I’ll keep readin’. peace and love

12. Clarity says:

Saw this link and thought of you, transpose album art with Psychedelic art:

13. woow, i love all of the psychedelic designs, and jimi hendrix is a god!

bisous,
    le rève

14. I love em too! Funnily enough, I saw the Who when they toured recently I’m a huge fan) and the Yardbirds are coming this year!!

15. Carlotta says:

the jimi hendrix is one of my fav ever I’d love to find a poster for my boring walls!!

16. Clarity says:

I dig this! I had a very 60’s weekend in Carnaby Street:

17. Shell says:

I love this kind of art. Psychedelic art is all about freedom, color and self-expression. Feeling all the album covers.

18. Annie says:

13th Floor Elevators and Big Brother = <3 <3

19. Fritz says:

I have more than I can count, but the one at the following link is the father of them all — literally!

Thanks for posting your covers.

I’ll probably do an article on psychedelic album covers in the near future.

I’ve written about Peter Max already.

20. ohhh I love the Psychedelic art are so cool I been busy but i tagged you! I want to know about you! cya dear!
    Rock on Cara!!!