Whether your putting together a super freaky hippie costume for Halloween this month, or you just have an every day general hippie chic style, here’s a few makeup tips to achieve your look.
* 1. Use a concealer for blemishes, then a mineral foundation instead of a heavy cream, to keep the face light and fresh.
* 2. Create a dramatic eye using either a colorful shadow, or a smoky shadow with emphasis on the crease of your eye.
* 3. Apply black liner around the whole eye with an outward extended line in the corner of your eye, for a cat eye look. For a more subtle look, use a dark liner around eye with no extension and soften with smoky shadow.
* 4. Black mascara should be heavy! False lashes are optional.
* 5. Use a pale shade of lipstick the lighter the better) in pinks or nudes.
* 6. Apply just a light shade of blush to give a subtle glow, and your all set!
Here’s some backstage pics from Gucci’s 2009 Resort and RTW shows, which encompass the hippie vibe completely! The other pics are from the book “Mini Mod Sixties”. The last pic is from the book and has nothing to do with makeup, but I have to ask, doesn’t that guy look like Carson from “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy”?